Summer is undoubtedly the most exciting and playful time for new home décor. It’s a fun time to experiment with things that are on the quirky, weird, and wonderful side. We all take ourselves a little less seriously in the summer months and I love seeing how cheekiness is reflected in homewares. Refreshing a room with a few pops can make a huge impact. Whenever you walk in the room you will be reminded ‘oh yes, it’s summer. I should kick my shoes off, make an iced tea and go soak up the sun’.
This time of year I scour for the best and brightest in summer home décor. These are my faves for under $50. Let’s do it!
- This Stoneware coffee press is an adorable, super solid, and functional piece to add to your coffee repertoire. A bight and cheerful accent piece for any countertop.
- A desktop mini fine art piece by this lovely maker is sure to keep you smiling all through the working day.
- Bamboo crockery is all the rage and for good reason – light, durable, easy to clean, and kid-friendly. I’m loving this Anthropologie collection for outdoor entertaining.
- Aphrodite goddess candles are showing up everywhere and they’re oh so fun. Kind of unexpected and eclectic when mixed in a collection with other candles.
- Solar-powered LED lights for outdoor spaces are magic. They will instantly elevate any deck, patio, or garden and the installation is completely hassle-free. Just the best!
- To balance out all of that colourful décor these dried star pods are very unique and interesting. I have one displayed on a shelf in my entryway and it’s a real eye-catcher.
- As always, fashion has crossed over into home décor and we’re seeing lots of braid details showing up. These little braided frames are a perfect way to incorporate the trend for very little money.
- Tapered candles are in in a big way and I love them. Fun to mix and match and so very chic.
- Cute vintage gardening shears may be the most impractical gardening tool since the thumb knife BUT I still need to have them! Display them in a vignette with freshly cut flowers, or hang them on the wall as a decorative piece.
- I found this playful pitcher at Nuspace in Montreal and fell in love with it. Perfect for a shared cocktail craft.
I hope you’re enjoying all things summertime friends!